In 1955, used on 1st Series only.
American Autowire has developed an amazing UPDATED wiring system specifically designed for the 1947-55 (1st Series) trucks. There is no other wiring system on the market that compares to its depth of features and ease of installation. Built around, and in conjunction with, such after market manufacturers as Dakota Digital, Auto Meter, Teleflex, Beede, Flaming River, Hotrod Air, Ididit, Rain Gear Wipers, Stewart Warner, Vintage Air, the Classic Update Series is the perfect system to bring your Chevy pickup electrical system up to date and beyond.
* The completely new 18 fuse, 21 circuit, fuse box system that the Classic Update Series is built around comes completely ready to install under the dash.
The harness that is mounted under the dash was assembled to accommodate the factory dash supports while not interfering with any after-market equipment that you will install under the dash.
* Original dome lighting is included in the wiring system.
Additionally, the Classic Update Series includes under dash lighting and enough spare circuits to add power door locks, power windows and much more!
* Kit comes ready to connect to the updated alternator and the original coil/distributor or most after-market systems without additional parts.
* Connectors provided to connect any steering column from original to fully modified.
The harness is is completely GM color coded and we even supply the color code to adapt the original system.
* Accessory disconnect provided for connections to power windows, power seats, cruise control, fuel pump, power door locks, extra radio (CB) or optional power accessory.
* New floor dimmer switch with wiring is included.
Replacement headlight switch with internal circuit breaker is included.
Extra connectors and instructions are supplied for installation of original headlight switches.
* Fuse block comes with standard turn signal flasher, hazard flasher and horn relay, mounted in panel.
Fuse block and custom mounting plates are designed for bolt-on, under dash installation.
All required hardware is supplied.
* Heater control panel lighting, power and blower motor leads are included for original style heaters as well as after-market heat & AC updates, such as Hotrod Air or Vintage Air, etc.
* Instrument harness is designed with a disconnect for easy removal of gauges for maintenance.
* New ignition switch is included with indexed connector.
Additional connectors and instructions are provided to use the original ignition switch.
* Front lighting includes extra long leads for special routing when custom under hood appearance is desired.
All headlight, park light and directional light connectors and terminals are provided, as well as wiring for electric engine fan (recommended with AC).
* Engine wiring includes connectors for point-type or HEI distributors. Power and tach connectors supplied for GM HEI distributors. Alternator connectors are supplied for GM SI series internal regulated and one-wire alternators.
* NOTE: This kit does not support generators or externally regulated alternators.
* Engine wiring includes starter and gauge sender leads for water temp, oil pressure and tach. Heavy 8 gauge wire is supplied for alternator leads. Power circuits are fusible link protected.
* Rear body harness assembly is designed to plug into the main harness in the original position utilizing existing retainers. Flexibility in harness design allows for original or custom routing. Pickup, panel and Suburban models are accommodated. Rear body wiring includes backup light wires and mating connectors for backup light leads. License plate lead, connectors and terminals included. Fuel tank sender wire and terminal included. Leads and terminals included for jamb switches and dome light.
* Made in America!
This part fits most 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 Chevrolet Trucks; exceptions may apply. Please read the complete description to see if this part fits your specific vehicle and application.
This product can expose you to a chemical, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer or reproductive harm.
For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov