American Autowire has developed an amazing UPDATED wiring system specifically designed for the 1967-72 Chevy trucks. There is no other wiring system on the market that compares to its depth of features and ease of installation. Built around, and in conjunction with, such after market manufacturers as Auto Meter, Dakota Digital, Flaming River, Hotrod Air, Ididit, Rain Gear Wipers, Stewart Warner, Vintage Air, Teleflex, Beede, the Classic Update Series is the perfect system to bring your trucks electrical system up to date and beyond.
1. Replacement headlight switch with internal circuit breaker included. Retention collar nut, adjustable length shaft, and custom knob are also included. Extra connectors and instructions are supplied for installation of original headlight switches.
2. Standard turn signal flasher, hazard flasher, and horn relay mounted on fuse panel.
3. Fuse box and custom mounting plate are designed for bolt-in under dash installation. All required hardware supplied. Location selected for easy accessibility and clearance of under dash accessories such as all gauge packages, wiper systems, heating and air conditioning systems, and stock original or aftermarket GM tilt steering columns.
4. Original switch connector bodies! (Exclusive to American Autowire)
5. Steering column connectors will plug directly into most aftermarket steering columns as well as 1969 and later GM columns which utilize stock GM turn signal switches. The original column can also be wired by using the supplied mating connector and terminals.
6. Along with wiring for your original dome/interior lighting we have included separate under dash light sockets.
7. Instrument Cluster wiring is designed with a "cluster harness disconnect" system for easy service and assembly. All original terminals, connectors, and light sockets are also supplied for original cluster gauges. However, the best aspect to the disconnect system is that any gauge cluster package can be easily and neatly wired in. This includes AUTOMETER, CLASSIC INSTRUMENTS, DAKOTA DIGITAL, STEWART WARNER, and VDO, just to name a few.
8. Rear body harness assembly is designed to plug into the main harness in the original position utilizing existing retainers. Flexibility in harness design allows for original or custom routing. Both pickup and suburban models are accommodated. Rear body wiring includes backup light wires and mating connectors for backup light leads. License plate lead, connectors, and terminals included. Fuel tank sender wire and terminal included. Leads and terminals included for jamb switches and dome light.
9. New floor dimmer switch is provided. Wire length and connection accommodate original floor mount dimmer switch.
10. EXCLUSIVE! GM bulkhead connectors for the engine and front light wiring are included and ready for easy installation. Original or custom routing of the new harness is no problem!
11. Engine wiring includes connectors for points type and H.E.I. distributors. Power and tach connectors supplied for GM H.E.I. distributors. Alternator connectors are supplied for GM "SI" series internal regulated and all "one wire" alternators. GM "CS" series alternator connector available separately. NOTE: This kit does not support generators or externally regulated alternators.
12. Front lighting includes extra long leads for special routing when custom under hood appearance is desired. All headlight, park light, and directional light connectors and terminals are provided, as well as a switched trigger wire for electric fan relay (usually recommended with AC).
13. Color schematics and easy to understand installation instructions included.
This part fits most 1961 1962 1963 1964 Chevrolet Cars; exceptions may apply. Please read the complete description to see if this part fits your specific vehicle and application.
This product can expose you to a chemical, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer or reproductive harm.
For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov